News

News | Insight | Reports

Husband fatally shoots wife after refusing to sign divorce papers, reports say

Lamar Antonio Bryant, 41, has been charged with first-degree murder. (Orange County Sheriff's Office, Florida)

Orlando, Fla.

Authorities in Florida say they have arrested a man wanted for killing his wife in a domestic shooting earlier this week.

According to the Orange County Sheriff’s Office, 41-year-old Lamar Bryant has been charged with first-degree murder in the death of Takeshia Eads, 42. Family members have asked news outlets to use her maiden name.

The sheriff’s office said its investigation began after deputies responded to a shooting at a home on Livingston Street Tuesday evening.

According to authorities, they found a woman, later identified as Takeshia Eads, suffering from a gunshot wound to the head. She was transported to an area hospital, but she did not survive.

WESH reports that Eads was a mother of four and that other family members may have been at home at the time of the shooting.

Investigators shared that Eads had recently filed for divorce from Bryant, but he refused to sign the paperwork.

The pair had been reportedly married for more than a decade.

Loved ones shared that Eads was a selfless woman who always helped the ones she loved.

Bryant is currently being held without bond after making his initial court appearance on Thursday, WOFL reported.

Trump nicknames himself the ‘fertilization president’ during Women’s History Month event

FILE — President Donald Trump signed an executive order promising to expand access to in vitro fertilization. (AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin)

Washington

President Donald Trump nicknamed himself the “fertilization president” during a speech at a Women’s History Month event at the White House on Wednesday.

While speaking of his administration’s efforts to expand in vitro fertilization, Trump said there will be “tremendous goodies” for women,“ including ”fertilization and all the other things we’re talking about.”

Trump added, “Fertilization. I’m still very proud of it, I don’t care. I’ll be known as the fertilization president, and that’s OK.”

While campaigning for his second presidential term in October, Trump also called himself the “father of IVF” when answering a question about in vitro fertilization during a Fox News town hall.

Last month, Trump signed an executive order promising to expand access to in vitro fertilization.

The president signed the order that read, in part:

“To support American families, it is the policy of my Administration to ensure reliable access to IVF treatment, including by easing unnecessary statutory or regulatory burdens to make IVF treatment drastically more affordable.”

The order instructed the assistant to the president for domestic policy to give Trump a list of policy recommendations on protecting IVF access and “aggressively reducing out-of-pocket and health plan costs for IVF treatment” within 90 days.

Heavyweight champion George Foreman dead at 76 years old, family says

George Foreman has reportedly died on Friday at 76 years old. (Gage Skidmore / CC BY-SA 2.0 via MGN)

Heavyweight champion George Foreman has reportedly died on Friday at 76 years old.

His family shared the news on social media.

“Our hearts are broken,” the family message on Instagram read. “With profound sorrow, we announce the passing of our beloved George Edward Foreman Sr., who peacefully departed on March 21, 2025, surrounded by loved ones.”

They said he was a devout preacher, a devoted husband, a loving father, and a proud grand and great-grandfather.

“He lived a life marked by unwavering faith, humility, and purpose,” the family’s statement continued.

Foreman, who was a two-time heavyweight champion and an Olympic gold medalist, was also a businessman with his name tied to the highly popular George Foreman Grill.

“We are grateful for the outpouring of love and prayers, and kindly ask for privacy as we honor the extraordinary life of a man we were blessed to call our own,” the family said.

A cause of death for the legendary boxer was not immediately released.

Donald Trump will run again for president in 2028, Steve Bannon says

FILE — Steve Bannon says he expects President Trump to run for a third term. (AP Photo/Rebecca Blackwell)

Washington

A former advisor to President Donald Trump says he expects the current U.S. leader to run for a third term.

Steve Bannon, who served as White House chief strategist, said Tuesday in an interview on NewsNation that he and others are working on ways for President Trump to seek a third term despite constitutional term limits.

“We’re working on it. I think we’ll have a couple of alternatives,” Bannon was quoted on CUOMO regarding how Trump could overcome term limits. “We’ll see what the definition of term limit is.”

Bannon reportedly expressed confidence in such efforts, saying the team is also expecting to discuss it more publicly within the next few months.

“I’m a firm believer that President Trump will run and win again in 2028,” the news outlet quoted Bannon. “We’ve had greater long shots than Trump 2028.”

President Trump started his second term in January, his last one permitted under the U.S. Constitution. But he has commented about possibly serving a third one.

“Am I allowed to run again?” The Associated Press reported Trump said jokingly during a House Republican retreat in Florida earlier this year.

However, the Constitution’s 22nd Amendment begins with “No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice.”

The statement is pretty straightforward when it comes to serving more than two terms, but some Trump supporters have mentioned the language is meant to apply only to two consecutive terms.

The only president to serve more than two terms was Franklin D. Roosevelt. The 22nd Amendment was ratified in 1951, in the years following Roosevelt’s death in office, CNN reported.

SpaceX launches new crew to space station to rescue stranded astronauts

Two days after a scrubbed launch, a replacement space station crew was cleared for blastoff Friday. (NASA | CNN)

Cape Canaveral, Fla.

Two days after a scrubbed launch, a replacement space station crew was cleared for blastoff Friday.

The crew’s mission is to help get stranded astronauts Butch Wilmore and Sunita Williams finally home after nearly 10 months in space.

NASA said it wants overlap between the two crews so Wilmore and Williams can fill in the new crew on happenings aboard the International Space Station.

The duo will then be brought back by astronauts who flew on a rescue mission on SpaceX last September alongside two empty seats reserved for them.

Takeoff Friday occurred for the SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket just after 7 p.m. ET.

Concerns over a critical hydraulic system arose less than four hours before the Falcon rocket’s planned Wednesday evening liftoff from NASA’s Kennedy Space Center.

The four astronauts awaited a final decision that night, with SpaceX ultimately canceling the flight and rescheduling for Friday.